Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Justice League Detroit in upcoming “Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths” DVD


No, Paco isn't a member of Gorillaz, he's just from Earth-2


The Irredeemable Shag of Once Upon A Geek wrote me a week or so ago about a sneak preview trailer on the recent Superman/Batman: Pubic Enemies original animated direct-to-DVD movie. Seeing as I hated the comics that flick was based on, I'd have never caught the feature on my own. Anyway, Spring 2010 will bring Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. Not only will it offer the usual League greats, including Detroit members Batman and Martian Manhunter, but evil Earth-2 versions of Vixen, Vibe, Gypsy, Elongated Man, and hopefully more*! Gina Torres, who voiced Mari on Justice League Unlimited, has been recast as Superwoman. Aside from William Baldwin as Batman, no other Detroit casting news is available. However, Andrea Romano has once again offered some wonderfully inspired voice casting, including James Woods as Owlman and Mark Harmon as Superman, so I'm keeping my hopes up. You can see screen shots of individual Detroit favorites courtesy of Shag, expecting that at least the ten of us following this blog care. Thanks again to Shag for the heads-up, and a pitiful nod for my late posting of the news...

*Poor Steel, but I'd really like me some evil Earth-2 Dale Gunn, with a full head of hair and a pariah to the ladies.

No comments: